Complete Wiring Kit
Upgraded charge cables are a much-needed upgrade when purchasing a new high output alternator. The factory wiring harness was designed specifically for the stock alternator’s output. When a high output alternator is put into the equation, the stock wiring can't transfer the power that the new larger alternator creates.
By adding upgraded wiring, the vehicle’s charging system will keep the batteries, and of course the FICM and other various accessories running at their best without any difficulties of getting the power they need.
This kit includes everything from the Basic Wire Kit:
- a pre-terminated on both ends 1/0 wire from the alternator to the fuse block
- a fuse block
- a 250 amp fuse
- a pre-terminated on both ends 1/0 wire from the fuse block to the battery
- a pre-terminated on both ends 1/0 wire from the alternator to the vehicle frame
...and also includes everything from the Interconnect Wire Kit:
- a pre-terminated on both ends 4/0 wire from the passenger side (positive post) battery to the driver side (positive post) battery
- replacement bolts, nuts, and washers to replace the one-use only factory bolts
- slide in place heat shrink tubing to further protect the 4/0 wire from the sharp edges of the radiator core supports (not pictured)
- 1/0 grounding wire to go from the already existing negative grounding wire on the driver side battery where it connects to the frame on the driver's side to the driver's front of the motor (not pictured)
- Necessary hardware to connect this extra grounding wire to the existing drilled and tapped hole on the drivers front of the motor (not pictured)
Everything needed to completely upgrade your charging system's wiring is included, pre-measured, and ready to go! No special tools necessary!!