Transmission Pan - Deep - GM 6L90, 6L90E
Volume: 2 1/2 to 3 quarts over stock
Dimensions: The stock pan is about 3 1/2 inches deep. This pan is about 3 inches deeper than the stock pan. Note that the 6L80 transmission pan is similar in shape but the 6L80 is shorter at 17 1/2 inches.
Number of Bolts: 18 (there are 20 holes, 2 holes locate the gasket and 18 holes for bolts to hold the pan to the transmission case)
Description and Applications
The manufacturer designed this pan for 2007 and newer heavy duty Chevrolet and GM trucks and SUVs. This pan features:
- Extra capacity, fins and aluminum construction to dissipate heat from transmission fluid
- Drain plug for easier maintenance
- Thick walls to add strength to the transmission housing
- Thick gasket flange, machined flat, for a leak-free seal
- Step in the back to clear exhaust
This pan fits the GM 6L90, 6L90E transmission, typically found on these vehicles:
- Silverado 2500 and 3500 HD, 6.0L, 2007 to 2017
- Sierra 2500 and 3500 HD, 6.0L, 2007 to 2017
- Suburban 2500, 6.0L, 2008 to 2013
- Tahoe 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008
- Yukon HD, 6.0L, not hybrid, 6.0L, some models starting in 2008
- Express Van 2500 and 3500, 4.8L or 6.0L, 2010 to 2017
- Savana Van 2500 and 3500, 4.8L or 6.0L, 2010 to 2017
Note: Trucks and SUVs have a variety of configurations. Look at yours before you order to verify your transmission and clearance. Vans especially should check for clearance.
Note about stock capacity 6L90 pan: Cadillac CTS-V and Camaro ZL1, some vans and trucks with skid plates may need a stock capacity pan, which offers more ground clearance than this deep pan.
In many cases, you will need to drop the exhaust to install this pan. You would need to drop the exhaust to service the transmission with the stock pan as three bolts are not otherwise accessible.
Filter and Gasket Information
This pan works with stock filters, easily available from your favorite auto parts store or through us.
The manufacturer indicates that the stock GM filter is "GM Part No. 24236517" and the AC Delco box has part number "24236933". This will cross to WIX part number "58369" which includes a replacement pan gasket as well.
Because the pan is deeper than stock, the pan has filter supports cast in. A deeper filter or extension is not needed since the transmission fluid is at the same level with a PML pan as with the stock pan.
This transmission pan works with stock gaskets.
PML designed this pan to accommodate the reusable factory gasket. Please make sure the gasket is clean and free of any holes or nicks to avoid leaks.
Machining for Temperature Sensors
Three bosses are provided that can be machined for use with aftermarket sensors and gages. If you would like us to drill and tap a boss, the machining charge is $60 . The bosses can accommodate 1/8 NPT to 1/2 NPT. Let us know which location you prefer and what size to machine. The bosses can also be used as alternate drain plug locations.
Drain Plug and Bolts
- This pan includes a magnetic drain plug and mounting bolts.
- The drain is on the driver's side.