ENGINE UPGRADE PACKAGES
Engine Upgrade Kit Information
Our high perfromance upgrade kits are offered at four levels. The charts below detail the differences between the various kit levels/contents. If a specific part / item / upgrade is desired, but NOT included your selected kit, it may be purchased and added to your order as a separate line item.
To make the process of adding any such items easy, and/or to allow you to review additional details on any item listed within the charts, item descriptions are linked to their respective individual item purchase pages.
Thanks for choosing FICMRepair.com!!!
BENEFITS OF A REBUILT ENGINE
Here is a scenario for you. There is a strange “knock” coming from under the hood, or perhaps the "check engine" light started flashing, or your oil pressure has just flat-lined. What do you do? Your first reaction may be “how am I going to afford to buy another car?” - It doesn't have to be that way.
As most folks know, an engine is comprised of thousands of moving parts that are subjected to incredible temperatures and pressures every day. After years of use, your motor can start showing signs of wear and tear even if you've properly maintained and cared for it. Then again, if a vehicle hasn't been regularly maintained or allowed to overheat excessively, the timeframe prior to trouble can be significantly shortened. Neglected engines often see troubles at 50,000 miles or even less!
When faced with major engine repairs you have a few options:
- Trade the vehicle. Your trade-in (current vehicle) value is reduced because of the damaged engine. If trading for a used vehicle with a used engine you could be purchasing one with “unknown and potentially costly” maintenance issues.
- Patch job. Depending on the type of engine damage, you could consider fixing the specific problem. This is usually expensive and come with the possibility that another engine-related failure will occur.
- Used/Junkyard engine. You could swap your engine for a used engine from another vehicle. The downside is that you don’t know the history of the used engine. Although “used/junkyard” engines may be warranted, the labor to replace one with potential problems can add up quickly.
- Factory Remanufactured. These engines have been remanufactured/rebuilt at a factory. Many internal engine parts have been replaced with new ones. These engines have been tested and come with a warranty that usually covers installation expenses.
- Custom Remanufactured. Under this plan, your vehicle’s engine is removed and rebuilt. Like the factory version; many internal engine parts get replaced with new and better ones.
The good news is that you can avoid 5-6 years of new vehicle payments by rebuilding a worn out or damaged engine and you'll be happier and able to keep more of your hard earned money in the bank. Reliability concerns? Frequently, rebuilt engines are superior to "brand new" because better parts are used and design changes in the original parts have been made to correct problems with the original designs. To make a long story short, a remanufactured/rebuilt engine with proper maintenance and care is more than capable of lasting as long as a brand new engine and outperforming it all along its lifespan.
Let the pros at FICMRepair.com / USA Diesel get your power-plant up to speed. Whether you're looking for daily-driver mild or truck-pull wild, our engine kits will take you there. They are designed to provide years of hassle free performance, improved efficiency, and reliability.
We sell the entire rebuild kits as shown or can do a custom build for you. Either way, we've got your covered!!