ScanGauge II - Customizable Monitor & Code Reader
Fitment: All '96 and newer OBDII cars, trucks and hybrids
Running a diesel rig without having some kind of monitoring solution is like being a delivery driver without having a GPS unit. You can get by, but it will cost you a lot more time and money than it would if you had the proper tool. Catching problems early can literally save you thousands of dollars.
If you're not running a SCT4, CTS2/CTS3 or some other kind of premium device and are looking for a solid, cost effective solution, the ScanGuage II is a great tool.
The device allows you to perform two critical functions:
1) Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) You can check for/monitor diagnostic trouble codes. The device also allows you to clear most codes. Reviewing codes is a key function in making sure your vehicle components are operating properly, and invaluable in helping you troubleshoot any issues you might be having.
2) Monitoring The ScanGuage II allows you monitor over a dozen of the critical parameters your vehicle's computer yields. The LCD display shows 4 data sets at one time, and can be customized to show the PIDS that you want to have at a glance.
Using the X-Gauge setup library you can custom tailor the unit to show the data most relevant to your vehicle. Temps, pressures, voltages, etc. For Diesel rigs, these include the following critical data points:
- IPR Duty Cycle (Injection Pressure Regulator)
- ICP (Injector Control Pressure)
- EOT (Engine Oil Temp)
- ECT (Engine Coolant Temp)
- TFT (Transmission Fluid Temp)
- FMP V (FICM Main Power)
- FLP (FICM Logic Power)
- VGT % (Variable Geometry Turbo Open/Closed)
- BST (Turbo Boost 0-31 PSI)
- EBP (Exhaust Back Pressure PSI)
- VLT (Battery Voltage)
- FIA (Intake Air Temperature / at air filter)
You can "step up your game" today with the ScanGauge II
Easy to Install / No Tools Required - Simply plug the ScanGauge into the diagnostic connection under the dash.
Use the "X Guage" data library to set the unit up for your .
The single connection to the diagnostic connector under the dashboard is all that is needed.
ScanGauge automatically determines the protocol your vehicle uses and connects.
6-Foot Cord and Velcro® Attachment
The included Velcro® attachment system allows the ScanGauge to be quickly detached and used to troubleshoot other vehicles.
User-Friendly Menu-Driven Operation
Simple 5-button operation allows you to quickly and easily access the powerful features of the ScanGauge.
Color Backlight Display so you can match your instrument panel for an integrated look.
The Digital Gauges and Trip Computer information can be shown in either English or Metric units of measure, including Kilometers, Liters, Celsius, and kPA.
Another great feature of the ScanGuage II is that data captured when a DTC (Trouble Code) is set can be recalled to help troubleshoot problems (i.e. Was the temperature hot or cold, speed high or low, etc.).
Is Your Vehicle Ready for Emissions Testing?
Some states now require that before running emissions checks, the vehicle self tests have to have been completed since the last time codes were cleared. The ScanGauge reports this “Readiness”.
Read & Clear Pending Trouble Codes
If no codes are found but your Check Engine light is still on, your vehicle may be storing pending codes. The ScanGauge provides a method to "force clear" both detected and undetected Trouble Codes.