Starter Cable & Positive Battery Terminal Replacement Package
No need to fret about Ford's lack of availability on their kit! If your stock cable going to your positive battery terminals are corroded or otherwise damaged, couple this base kit with our upgraded interconnect wire, our interconnect wire/battery load balancing kit, or our deluxe cable kit to resolve the issue.
This Kit includes:
- Replacement starter cable (2/0 or 3/0)
- Corrugated Tubing for starter cable
- Two military-style zinc-alloy positive battery terminals with both 5/16" and 3/8" cross-bolts
- Two 8-gauge tinned copper marine-style crimp lugs
- Double-walled, adhesive-backed heat-shrink tubing to protect the 8-gauge crimps
Note: The factory wiring setup has an 8-gauge wire coming to each of the passenger and driver-side batteries. Use of this kit will require you to drill out these terminals to fit over the 5/16" cross bolts that are part of the military terminals. Alternatively, you can remove the inadequately-sized factory ring terminals on these cables, slide a section of the included heat-shrink tubing over the factory 8 gauge wires, use a suitable crimper to crimp the included lugs in this kit to the factory wires, and then use a hair dryer or other heat source to protect each connection with the included heat-shrink tubing. Doing one of these steps will allow the factory 8 gauge wiring to be connected to the included military battery terminals.