- USA DIESEL LHG - 6.7L FORD & CUMMINS
MODULE REPAIR & TUNING
- MODULE REPAIR & TUNING
- 6.0L FICM
- 6.0L ECM
- 7.3L IDM
- LLY & LB7 DURAMAX - FICM & ECM REPAIR
- INTERNATIONAL IDM/ECM
- MODULE REPAIR - ECM / PCM / TCM / GEM
- CUSTOM TUNING 6.0 & 7.3L FORD
- INSTRUMENT CLUSTER REPAIR
- OVERHEAD CONSOLE REPAIR SERVICE
- FUSE BOX / FUEL PUMP RELAY SERVICE
- MODULE REPAIR & TUNING
- MONITORS, TUNERS, DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS AND TUNES
PERFORMANCE, MECHANICAL AND APPEARANCE UPGRADES
- 6.7L FORD POWERSTROKE DISASTER PREVENTION KIT
- AFE POWER
- AIR CONDITIONING
- ARP BOLT KITS & FEL-PRO GASKETS
- BODY PARTS
- BD DIESEL
- COMP CAMS
- COLD AIR INTAKES & WATER METH INJECTION
- COOLING SYSTEM
- FLEECE PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
- FUEL AND FUEL DELIVERY
- HEADLIGHTS & MIRRORS
- HOLDERS DIESEL
- HIGH PRESSURE OIL
- IPR RESEARCH
- KILL DEVIL DIESEL
- NO LIMIT DIESEL
- OIL FILTRATION & CAPS
- POWERSTROKE PRODUCTS
- REDHEAD STEERING GEARS
- RIFFRAFF DIESEL PERFORMANCE
- SUSPENSION, STEERING, & MOUNTS
- TONNEAU COVERS / TOOL BOXES
- WARREN DIESEL
- YUKON GEAR & AXLE
- POWERSTROKE PARTS
- CUMMINS PARTS
- DURAMAX DIESEL PARTS
- ALTERNATORS & ALTERNATOR WIRING & STARTERS
- FICM PARTS
- BATTERIES AND BATTERY CHARGERS
- ASHEVILLE ENGINE
- BRAKES, ROTORS, BRAKE CONTROLLERS
- TOOLS / LOANER TOOLS
- FLUID FILM
- DIESEL TRUCK / SHOP REPAIRS
- ENGINE UPGRADE PACKAGES
FAQ & TIPS
- FAQ & TIPS
- 2. GET A BETTER ALTERNATOR.
- 1. WATCH THOSE BATTERIES & GROUNDS!
- 3. UPGRADE YOUR ALTERNATOR WIRING.
- 4. GET GAUGES
- 5. BACKFLUSH THE OIL COOLER - LOSE THE FORD GOLD COOLANT.
- 6. INSTALL A COOLANT FILTER
- 7. MONITOR YOUR EGTS SPECIFICALLY
- 8. USE 10W30 SYNTHETIC
- 9. GET THE BLUE SPRING KIT AND SAVE YOUR INJECTORS
- 10. INSTALL A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE.
- 11. GET SAFE WHEN TOWING.
- 12. GET A MORE FREE FLOWING EXHAUST.
- 13. EXERCISE THE VGT VANES IN YOUR TURBO.
- 14. INSTALL A BYPASS OIL FILTRATION KIT.
- 15. REMOVE AND CLEAN THE FUEL PUMP.
- 16. CLEAN THE OIL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 17. CLEAN THE FUEL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 18. CLEAN UP THE EGR VALVE.
- 19. CLEAN THE EXHAUST GAS BACKPRESSURE SENSOR AND THE TUBE THAT FEEDS IT TO PREVENT A NO-START
- 20. UPGRADE YOUR TURBO OIL DRAIN TUBE AND OIL SUPPLY LINES.
- 21. RE-ROUTE YOUR CRANKCASE VENTILATION (CCV) LINE.
- 22. UPGRADE YOUR TRANSMISSION
- FAQ & TIPS
- WHY CHOOSE US
- CONTACT US
6.7L Ford Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit
( CP4 Bypass Kit )
As many 6.7L Powerstroke owners have become painfully aware, the high pressure fuel pump (also known as a CP4 pump) has a design weakness. When the CP4 pump fails, it will shed tiny particles of metal throughout the entire high pressure fuel system, causing a number of serious 6.7 Powerstroke problems. The only cure in this case is to replace everything in the high pressure fuel system - CP4 pump, fuel injectors, injection lines, fuel rails, etc. We hear from our customers that the total cost of this repair with labor can be in the $9,000 range.
The CP4 disaster prevention kit cannot prevent the CP4 pump from failing. What it does do is prevent the contamination from the failure from entering the high pressure fuel system.
HOW IT WORKS
The CP4 pump is internally lubricated by diesel fuel from the tank. After lubricating the crankcase area of the CP4 pump, fuel enters the high pressure pumping chambers and exits under pressure to the fuel rails and fuel injectors. The weakness of the CP4 pump lies in the crankcase area where a set of roller lifters ride on a camshaft. When the failure event occurs the lubricating fuel becomes contaminated immediately. Our bypass kit mounts to the CP4 pump and changes the routing of the fuel flow so that lubricating fuel from the crankcase is directed back to the fuel tank to be filtered before going through the fuel system again. Thus all fuel entering the pumping elements of the CP4 pump and leaving for the injectors is always routed through both of the vehicle's fuel filters to eliminate any chance of contamination from a high pressure pump failure.
The one-time investment of this $359 CP4 bypass kit could easily save over $9,000 in repairs and weeks of downtime on these kinds of Ford Powerstroke problems. It is an absolute must for any 6.7L Powerstroke owner!
Every 6.7 Powerstroke Disaster Prevention Kit now comes with a CARB compliant decal making this modification 100% street legal in all 50 States for 2011 - 2018 model year trucks. The kit also fits 2019 model year trucks. It is not applicable to 2020 models at this time. According to our understanding, Ford's position is that any modification that is CARB compliant will not void the manufacturer's warranty.