- AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR SERVICES
- EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- SENDING MODULES IN
FAQ & TIPS
- FAQ & TIPS HOME
- 1. WATCH THOSE BATTERIES & GROUNDS!
- 2. GET A BETTER ALTERNATOR.
- 3. UPGRADE YOUR ALTERNATOR WIRING.
- 4. GET GAUGES
- 5. BACKFLUSH THE OIL COOLER - LOSE THE FORD GOLD COOLANT.
- 6. INSTALL A COOLANT FILTER
- 7. MONITOR YOUR EGTS SPECIFICALLY
- 8. USE 10W30 SYNTHETIC
- 9. GET THE BLUE SPRING KIT AND SAVE YOUR INJECTORS
- 10. INSTALL A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE.
- 11. GET SAFE WHEN TOWING.
- 12. GET A MORE FREE FLOWING EXHAUST.
- 13. EXERCISE THOSE VARIABLE VEINS IN THE TURBO.
- 14. INSTALL A BYPASS OIL FILTRATION KIT.
- 15. REMOVE AND CLEAN THE FUEL PUMP.
- 16. CLEAN THE OIL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 17. CLEAN THE FUEL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 18. CLEAN UP THE EGR VALVE.
- 19. CLEAN THE EXHAUST GAS BACKPRESSURE SENSOR AND THE TUBE THAT FEEDS IT TO PREVENT A NO-START
- 20. UPGRADE YOUR TURBO OIL DRAIN TUBE AND OIL SUPPLY LINES.
- 21. RE-ROUTE YOUR CRANKCASE VENTILATION (CCV) LINE.
- 22. UPGRADE YOUR TRANSMISSION
- PARTS/ACCESSORIES HOME
- ALTERNATORS & ALTERNATOR WIRING & STARTERS
- BATTERIES AND BATTERY CHARGERS
- CHEVY DURAMAX PARTS
- CUMMINS/MOPAR PARTS
- FICM PARTS
- FLUID FILM
- FORD PARTS
- MONITOR & TUNERS
- TOOLS / LOANER TOOLS
- BODY PARTS
- FLEECE PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
- HEADLIGHTS & MIRRORS
- HOLDERS DIESEL
- KILL DEVIL DIESEL
- NO LIMIT DIESEL
- REDHEAD STEERING GEARS
- TONNEAU COVERS / TOOL BOXES
- YUKON GEAR & AXLE
- RIFFRAFF DIESEL PERFORMANCE
- AIR CONDITIONING
- AFE POWER
- OIL FILTRATION & CAPS
- ARP HEAD STUDS & FELPRO HEAD GASKETS
- BD DIESEL
- COOLING SYSTEM
- FUEL AND FUEL DELIVERY
- HIGH PRESSURE OIL
- INTAKES & WATER METH INJECTION
- IPR RESEARCH
- SUSPENSION, STEERING, & MOUNTS
- WARREN DIESEL
- WHY CHOOSE US
- CONTACT US
There are dozens of different software options from Ford for the various model years of our trucks.
Unless you opt for an aftermarket tune, our exchange units come with the latest version of software from Ford as we can't know what version of Ford's software you have now. This is precisely the same software you would have received from Ford had you used them to get a replacement module. Of course, if you are sending your module in for repair, we don't have to change the software at all. If you have been battling with turbo lag and a feeling of being underpowered, maybe that aftermarket tune option is what you want to go with.
The latest software from Ford provides:
- 50 fewer horsepower than what our trucks came with
- More turbo lag
- Less fuel economy
- The feeling of an under-powered truck
- Difficulty in getting your truck started in winter
.So, if you want to start lusting after the 6.7's, our recommendation is to pick the OEM tune.
If you love your 6.0 and want to maximize what it can do for you, go aftermarket.
If you do go aftermarket, though, note that we cannot protect you from being reflashed. Please instruct any shop you take your truck into for service to leave your software alone.
Had a shop re-tune you anyway? We re-tune previously tuned modules for $100 plus the cost of return shipping.