- AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR SERVICES
- ENGINE UPGRADE PACKAGES
- EXCHANGE REPAIR PROGRAM
- SEND YOUR MODULE IN FOR REPAIR
FAQ & TIPS
- FAQ & TIPS
- 1. WATCH THOSE BATTERIES & GROUNDS!
- 2. GET A BETTER ALTERNATOR.
- 3. UPGRADE YOUR ALTERNATOR WIRING.
- 4. GET GAUGES
- 5. BACKFLUSH THE OIL COOLER - LOSE THE FORD GOLD COOLANT.
- 6. INSTALL A COOLANT FILTER
- 7. MONITOR YOUR EGTS SPECIFICALLY
- 8. USE 10W30 SYNTHETIC
- 9. GET THE BLUE SPRING KIT AND SAVE YOUR INJECTORS
- 10. INSTALL A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE.
- 11. GET SAFE WHEN TOWING.
- 12. GET A MORE FREE FLOWING EXHAUST.
- 13. EXERCISE THOSE VARIABLE VEINS IN THE TURBO.
- 14. INSTALL A BYPASS OIL FILTRATION KIT.
- 15. REMOVE AND CLEAN THE FUEL PUMP.
- 16. CLEAN THE OIL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 17. CLEAN THE FUEL SIDE OF THE INJECTORS.
- 18. CLEAN UP THE EGR VALVE.
- 19. CLEAN THE EXHAUST GAS BACKPRESSURE SENSOR AND THE TUBE THAT FEEDS IT TO PREVENT A NO-START
- 20. UPGRADE YOUR TURBO OIL DRAIN TUBE AND OIL SUPPLY LINES.
- 21. RE-ROUTE YOUR CRANKCASE VENTILATION (CCV) LINE.
- 22. UPGRADE YOUR TRANSMISSION
- FAQ & TIPS
- ALTERNATORS & ALTERNATOR WIRING & STARTERS
- ASHEVILLE ENGINE
- BATTERIES AND BATTERY CHARGERS
- BRAKES, ROTORS, BRAKE CONTROLLERS
- CHEVY DURAMAX PARTS
- CUMMINS/MOPAR PARTS
- FICM PARTS
- FLUID FILM
- FORD PARTS
- MONITORS, TUNERS, DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS AND TUNES
- TOOLS / LOANER TOOLS
PERFORMANCE AND MECHANICAL UPGRADES
- COMP CAMS
- POWERSTROKE PRODUCTS
- BODY PARTS
- 6.7L FORD POWERSTROKE DISASTER PREVENTION KIT
- FLEECE PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING
- HEADLIGHTS & MIRRORS
- HOLDERS DIESEL
- KILL DEVIL DIESEL
- NO LIMIT DIESEL
- REDHEAD STEERING GEARS
- TONNEAU COVERS / TOOL BOXES
- YUKON GEAR & AXLE
- RIFFRAFF DIESEL PERFORMANCE
- AIR CONDITIONING
- AFE POWER
- OIL FILTRATION & CAPS
- ARP BOLT KITS & FEL-PRO GASKETS
- BD DIESEL
- COOLING SYSTEM
- FUEL AND FUEL DELIVERY
- HIGH PRESSURE OIL
- INTAKES & WATER METH INJECTION
- IPR RESEARCH
- SUSPENSION, STEERING, & MOUNTS
- WARREN DIESEL
- WHY CHOOSE US
- CONTACT US
Suspension, Steering, & Mounts
Roadmaster Active Suspension is the ultimate assist for vehicles with rear leaf spring suspension. RAS is the only suspension upgrade that converts basic “passive” leaf springs into mechanically “active” suspension. A system that instantly absorbs and dissipates load force energy resulting in significantly improved vehicle stability, balance, traction and control, with or without a load. Roadmaster Active Suspension adds critical strength to leaf springs but WILL NOT compromise ride quality. The patented design eliminates bottoming out, axle wrap and wheel hop, greatly improves road handling by reducing sway and dangerous body roll on cornering, and strengthens the rear leaf springs for towing or hauling maximum loads with maximum safety. Vehicles and fleets that consistently operate under load benefit from improved fuel efficiency, vehicle safety and load carrying capacity as well as reduced driver fatigue and extended tire and suspension component life. RAS is a simple retrofit to most every pickup truck and van with rear leaf springs, with up to a 1 1/2 ton capacity, and once installed no adjustments or maintenance is ever required.
Call us for pricing!
Eliminate Axle Wrap
Axle Wrap, Bad. Roadmaster, Good!
Axle wrap occurs when the rotational force of the tires causes the axlehousing to twist or rotate. This rotation forces the springs to bend into an S-shape. When the axlehousing rotates far enough, forces cause the tires to loose traction, and jump, or “hop”. Once traction is lost, the springs snap back into their original positions.
This happens over and over until the truck gains better traction or the driver reduces torque input by letting off the throttle.
Roadmaster Active Suspension effectively reduces axle wrap and wheel hop by “absorbing” the added force of increased torque while holding the leaf springs in their original bowed shape. The S-shape twisting, and subsequent hop, is thereby greatly reduced. Traction is increased because tires transfer torque to the ground efficiently.
The improvement to driving performance will be most noticeable when accelerating on hill climbs or at times of rapid deceleration, such as hard braking.
By reducing axle wrap, RAS also minimizes wear and tear on several truck components including internal axle assemblies, tires, shocks, shackles, U-joints and leaf springs… ultimately saving $$$s.
2005-21 PMF SD HD SINGLE PIECE DRAGLINK - FRD-5001 Two Versions Available